The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Recording Votes

Guest Rob Elsman

If the vote was actually counted, the number of votes in the affirmative and the negative should be entered on the minutes. Abstentions are not called for, nor is their number entered. The word "unanimous" is not used."

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>Based on this, I did not bother to vote.<<

But did you raise a point of order to the effect that the motion was improper?

In any case, unless it was a "counted vote", the minutes should just record that the motion"

Interesting Update; The one motion was in response to my series of Grievance Letters to the board outlining the violations of the Master Deed. The former president falsely represented my Grievance Letters to the group. This created a "lynching mob"

Clarification: Based on the Master Deed, anyone that is over 30 days delinquent, losing their voting rights. The current president was looking at the wrong clause of the Master Deed. She has incorrectly stated that it is 60 days delinquent in an e-mail"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>Any suggestions on what to do when the recording does not match the Certified Minutes, and 12 members voting that should not be voting?<<

If you have proof that those twelve votes could have affected the outcome, raise a point of or"

Given the facts as I understand them, I think her better point is that the amendment to the master deed was adopted without the required previous notice having been validly given. The relevant facts would seem to be easier to establish with certainty."

Question regarding Motion being Carried; per the Certified Minutes, the "Motion" will not be implemented until they get a legal opinion to see if it's legal. Per the Certified Minutes, it states that the Motion was carried. Can you "Carry"

Archived