The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Membership Question

Guest JDStackpole

I'm afraid that a "long post" is going to get a short answer, from me, anyway.

It is up you your association to figure out what your bylaws mean and how to apply them in particular circumstances. It looks as though that is what you are"

>>At our March meeting, another playing member wanted to join the board and a few board members brought up that they couldn't because they are playing members as well as those elected at the October meeting.<<

I would point out that n"

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

Wayne,

>>We have two type of membership per our bylaws.<<

kg: "Wham!" You are now outside The Book.

Classes of membership is ALWAYS a customized rule.

No page in RONR will truly apply where there is more th"

J.J.

All it states is the Board of Directors shall consist of those who volunteer to be on the Board at the annual meeting, those appointed by the board and all honorary members. It then goes on to say that the management of the organization shal"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>All it states is the Board of Directors shall consist of those who volunteer to be on the Board at the annual meeting, those appointed by the board and all honorary members.<<

That's gotta be one humungous board! And no messy electi"

Thank you all for your help. It looks like we have a lot of work ahead of us in reviewing and amending our bylaws. They haven't been reviewed in many years. What started this whole thing was a few members not liking how a vote turned out and are trying to"

Archived