The Official RONR Q & A Forums

voting

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

> a motion CAN include wording to ensure that some vote greater than a majority vote will enact the motion <

How can this be done?

Since the assembly has not yet agreed (i.e. voted) to be bound by the special voting requirements in"

A motion can be expressed as something like "... save that this motion shall be ineffective unless over #% of the vote on it was in favour". However, such a proviso can be struck while the motion is pending by a majority vote, or after it is vot"

Ah, a proviso. I was thinking along different lines, since Pam spoke of a 'needed percentage for passage'. I pictured them deciding on a higher vote requirement for passage, before ever taking the vote, which seemed impossible.

So, the vote requi"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

This subject comes up on this forum at least once a year.

I don't think it's "impossible" to suspend the rules and require a vote greater then the normally required vote but I think the usual "solution" is, as described, to ma"

>>Although, perhaps a minority that is against the motion could persuade the majority to accept such a proviso, putting actual implementation out of the reach of the majority?<<

Even if the majority wasn't paying attention, the adopti"

Archived