The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Rules II

Guest Larry Cisar

It seems like you are comparing apples and oranges here. Proxy voting is not the same thing as voting by absentee ballot. Both must be specifically provided for in the bylaws in order to be valid and thus the details won't be found in RONR but in the by"

You seem to be talking about proxy voting and mail in ballots as if they are the same thing and they are most certainly not the same thing. If the bylaws don't provide for mail in ballots then you can't use them.

As for getting a quorum at a m"

Further resarch > Riddicks Rules of Proceedure <, TCS .The Standard Code of Parliamentary Proceedure <.

Do these Rules have to be spelled out in our bylaws. RONR is currently our only default in bylaws and do not allow absentee ballots,"

Bylaws allow proxy voting is it the same as absentee? If not then Proxy voting rules I am looking for and the books I quoted has information on yeas/nays we need.

Our HOA board just sent out a ballot to elect directors. Asking that home owners ma"

I think I should have started another thread. The missing point is Proxy voting is allowed in bylaws.

The two sources I have quoted on Proxy voting are Riddick, TCS. Are they as creditebule as RONR should I have to argue against a PRP or better a"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>There is no "or better." PRP is the highest designation offered by the National Association of Parliamentarians.<<

That's like saying there's nothing brighter than a 60W bulb since that's the brightest bulb made by Acme El"

If my memory is correct I believe the Acme Electric Company when't out of business in the early 1950's in my 6th grade math book.

I hope I am brighter than a 60W light bulb.

So the question is, what certificate do I ask a person who say"

Just ask the person what sort of training they have. Asking for certification is all well and good but a piece of paper doesn't make a parliamentarian. More than once we have had people post here that they have gotten off the wall advice from a "ce"

• 3 months later...

Archived