The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Removal of President

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

Guest Michael Sohns

I don't mean to be disrepectful, but I was hoping for a more specific answer than yet another "see FAQ #20." It's from reading FAQ #20 and the referred pages that I understand about "and" versus "or" in the length of term of "

I don't understand much of this post, but it seems to me that, as a matter of the general parliamentary law, the term of office ends with the final adjournment of the session at which the officer is elected, when the bylaws are silent about the term of of"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>What about any thoughts on forcing through some ByLaw changes to address that lack?<<

Amending the bylaws is always an option but I don't know what you mean by "forcing through" an amendment. And it's unlikely that the boa"

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

MS,

>>What, if any, are our options when we don't even have a statement about length of term of office? What about any thoughts on forcing through some ByLaw changes to address that lack?<<

kg: Oh!

You aren't asking a question"

> I'm thinking that the remaining Board members can force through a few Bylaw changes (that would take effect immediately; our Bylaws allow for the Board to make amendments without involving the general membership) that would address the missing length"

>>What, if any, are our options when we don't even have a statement about length of term of office?<<

It seems to me your options are to have the general membership conduct a recall, as provided for in your Bylaws, or to have the gene"

Archived