The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Alternate Voting rights

Guest George Mervosh

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

Nor is there anything on recusal.

What is this member doing? Remaining in the room but not voting? That's simply abstaining. Remaining but not speaking in debate? That's simply being quiet. Leaving the room? That's being absent."

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

MF,

RONR never mentions alternates, except in relation to a convention.

Since YOU (collectively) have alternates, then YOU will have to create and support the administrative rules about switching, crossing-over, or whatever you call the act o"

Guest Matthew Forrest

This individual had a regular conflict of interest that they recognized and recused themself from being able to discuss or vote on the matter. They are not in any way present. There are three alternates, and I'm looking for some guidance as to which alte"

"This individual had a regular conflict of interest that they recognized and recused themself from being able to discuss or vote on the matter. They are not in any way present."

If this person is in the room he is present whether or not"

Guest Matthew Forrest

Kim, thank you for this thoughtful response. The problem is that we don't have any default rules and while I understand RROF may be silent on the issue, I was wondering if there was guiding opinions or judicial opinions which provide guidance about what "

Guest Kim Goldsworthy

MF,

There are a half-dozen ways of doing swapping.

One way which is unique to one of my organizations is "free substitution". - As soon as someone goes to the bathroom (i.e., leaves the meeting room for ANY reason), WHAM!, the topmo"

Archived