The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Bylaw amendment

Guest Gary c Tesser

But the answer is most likely "No".

Suppose the bylaw amendment was to change the club colors from "red" to "indigo". The ONLY proper amendment to that bylaw amendment proposal would be some other color between red "

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

The mere consideration of an amendment to a proposed bylaw has no effect on other amendments to the proposal.

But "changes to other words" would not properly be an amendment to the amendment (of the amendment), rather they'd be a separa"

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>The ONLY proper amendment to that bylaw amendment proposal would be some other color between red and indigo in the spectrum.<<

Maybe you could get away with that at, say, MIT, but I don't think most people think of the spectrum as d"

I think the only amendments within scope of notice would refer to the "in good standing" (whatever that means) phrase. There probably isn't much wiggle room there unless you wanted to strike and insert "not in good standing" or someth"

Suppose I had phrased the color change amendment in terms of wavelength numbers.

I think you would be hard pressed to argue that an amendment to the amendment changing the wavelength to less than (roughly) 445 nm or greater than 650 nm was in an"

Archived