The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Employee/ officer ratio on E board

Guest Rob Elsman

One way for handle this is for the board to refer questions of compensation to a committee of the board consisting only of uncompensated directors with instructions to report back with appropriate recommendations. "

I love that idea. So as a member at large, who holds no office, how would i initiate the formation of such committee?

If I make a motion at a general membership meeting, having it seconded and having a majority vote in favor.

Would the board then"

I guess what I'm thinking is that the board would be very interested in a way to deal with compensation decisions in a way that would lessen the appearance of impropriety. I don't understand why you think the board would be resistant to such a suggestion."

You're right, the board should be interested in lessening the appearance of impropriety. i guess I have just grown suspicious of the monopolizing of power and control.

Thanks for your input. You have been very helpful"

Well, another possibility is for the board to hire an outside compensation analyst to figure out what is competitive compensation based on a comparison with other, similar organizations for positions of similar responsibilities."

Guest H.Wm.Mountcastle

>>the board would be very interested in a way to deal with compensation decisions in a way that would lessen the appearance of impropriety<<

Or power will corrupt, as it usually does.

But I've been doing the math and if this "

Archived