The Official RONR Q & A Forums

lack of nominations for elections

Guest theresa

We have election of the board forthcoming in august with nominations closing this coming sunday. Unfortunately, there are two positions, recording secretary and finanacial secretary that do not have an nominations....what do we do in a case like that? Our by-laws do not specify any rules but that elections are help by secret ballot

We have election of the board forthcoming in August with nominations closing this coming Sunday.

Unfortunately, there are two positions, recording secretary and financial secretary that do not have an nominations.

Our by-laws do not specify any rules but that elections are help by secret ballot.

What do we do in a case like that?

You have two choices, as far as I can tell.

(1.) defer the election of those offices to the next regular meeting - and do a LOT of legwork before then, digging up victims I mean, volunteers, for those open offices. ;)

(2.) hold the election any way, and let the write-in votes decide, even if only one or two people do any writing-in. You might get lucky and coerce I mean, persuade, the winner to actually serve in office. ;)

Archived