The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Motion Defeated, made again at a later meeting

Guest JudyP

At a meeting several months ago, a motion was defeated. There is interest in making either the exact same motion or one with the same wording but a different dollar amount, or another one with a similar intent. Our President made it clear that to him, since the original motion was defeated it, or anything similar, cannot be brought up again. I disagree. Guidance???

At a meeting several months ago, a motion was defeated. There is interest in making either the exact same motion or one with the same wording but a different dollar amount, or another one with a similar intent. Our President made it clear that to him, since the original motion was defeated it, or anything similar, cannot be brought up again. I disagree. Guidance???

You're right; he's wrong.

RONR 10th Ed., page 86, lines 19-35 will be a good start.

Archived