The Official RONR Q & A Forums

amendments

Guest gail.murphy@sympatico.ca

Guest gail.murphy@sympatico.ca

We have 2 sets of by-laws and constitutions one set dated 2005 dated and signed and another set which seems to be amended but not signed or dated. My question is do the unsigned latest version still apply - there is no record of these being voted and accepted or do we use the older version which is dated and signed?

We have 2 sets of by-laws and constitutions one set dated 2005 dated and signed and another set which seems to be amended but not signed or dated. My question is do the unsigned latest version still apply - there is no record of these being voted and accepted or do we use the older version which is dated and signed?

The signed and dated part really is irrelevant. The important thing is what the minutes say. Since there's no record of the new ones being approved, go by the older set. But I would double-check the minutes first, and maybe ask around if anyone remembers these new Bylaws, just in case the minutes are inaccurate.

We have 2 sets of by-laws and constitutions

You're confusing the map with the territory. A copy of the bylaws is not the bylaws. The bylaws, as Mr. Martin suggests, are contained in the minutes of the meetings where they were adopted. Any reproduction is just that. There may be "authorized" copies but they're still just copies. So look in the minutes.

Archived