The Official RONR Q & A Forums

PRESIDENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES

Guest CT-PA

We are a non profit youth sports program - we have several requirements in order to participate in the sports program. One of the requirements is a yearly physical form for each participate. There is a certification period where the league is suppose to verify everything in your binders regarding the participants is in there. There is also a weigh in process that is done at each game. This last weekend, the team we played checked our binders to make sure that each participant had all of their paperwork (this is part of the certification process - not the weigh in process) - it was discovered that we had participants that did not have their physical forms therefore those children were not allowed to play. When the President of our organization went to the board meeting for the league - he requested clarification about the certification and weigh in process but never addressed the issue that we had children on the teams playing without their physical forms. In my opinion, this is detrimental to our organization; suppose one of those children past out or had an attack and we do not have medical clearance for him to play - this will fall back on the organization. Can I pursue disciplanary actions against the President. As a board member, I am thankful that the other team took the time to check everything (irregardless if it was suppose to be a weigh in vs certification process). What if anything should be done

Can I pursue disciplanary actions against the President. As a board member, I am thankful that the other team took the time to check everything (irregardless if it was suppose to be a weigh in vs certification process). What if anything should be done

Whatever your organization thinks is appropriate; anything from a slap on the wrist to removal from office to expulsion from the organization.

RONR devotes an entire chapter to disciplinary procedures. It's Chapter XX and, not surprisingly, it's called, "Disciplinary Procedures".

Archived