The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Executive Session

Guest BB

One our committees had an executive session at their committee meeting and wants to go into executive session at the board meeting to discuss this issue. They will have more to report. Do I need to list Executive Session on the agenda under this item or do they wait to discuss at the regular time appointed for the Executive Session which is the last agenda item.

Do I need to list Executive Session on the agenda under this item or do they wait to discuss at the regular time appointed for the Executive Session which is the last agenda item.

Unless your board meets in executive session by custom, the decision to go into and out of executive session is made at the meeting, not before.

See FAQ #14 for agendas.

One our committees had an executive session at their committee meeting and wants to go into executive session at the board meeting to discuss this issue. They will have more to report. Do I need to list Executive Session on the agenda under this item or do they wait to discuss at the regular time appointed for the Executive Session which is the last agenda item.

You don't need to list it all.

• 1 year later...

Archived