The Official RONR Q & A Forums

AGENDA

Guest jeff jamieson

I am trying to find in the Roberts rules of order where is specifically state how the agenda is form. Must the agenda be adopted regarless the size of a small church society? Our Pastor sets the agenda for a small church and does not solicit any input. Must the agenda be adopted first by the assembly? There are no provisions in teh bylaws in establishng the agenda. The stated reference in the FAQ #14 is incorrect or does not state the same wording in the actual book.

I am trying to find in the Roberts rules of order where is specifically state how the agenda is form.

RONR, 10th ed., pgs. 360-363. I would especially look at pg. 360, lines 10-24 and pg. 363, lines 8-20.

Must the agenda be adopted regarless the size of a small church society?

The assembly doesn't need to use an agenda at all, but if an agenda is to be used, it must be adopted by the assembly by majority vote to be binding. The size of the assembly is irrelevant for the purposes of this rule.

The stated reference in the FAQ #14 is incorrect or does not state the same wording in the actual book.

Well, the wording in FAQ #14 is a paraphrase, but the citation is correct. The citation (RONR, 10th ed., pg. 363, lines 8-20) should lead you to a paragraph with the heading "AGENDA PROVIDED IN ADVANCE FOR INFORMATION." If you're not seeing that on pg. 363, you do not have The Right Book.

I am trying to find in the Roberts rules of order where is specifically state how the agenda is form. Must the agenda be adopted regarless the size of a small church society? Our Pastor sets the agenda for a small church and does not solicit any input. Must the agenda be adopted first by the assembly? There are no provisions in teh bylaws in establishng the agenda. The stated reference in the FAQ #14 is incorrect or does not state the same wording in the actual book.

Nevertheless, FAQ #14 is correct.

If it does not match the text in your book, then perhaps you do not have the right book.

• 1 month later...

Archived