The Official RONR Q & A Forums

e-mail feature

tctheatc

If a member sends me an e-mail using the profile link, it comes into my inbox as "RONR Forum" as opposed to the member's name. If I hit my "reply" button on my e-mail, "RONR Forum" appears in the recipient line of the new message. If I send it like that, will it go to the original sender? Or to some administrative black hole?

If a member sends me an e-mail using the profile link, it comes into my inbox as "RONR Forum" as opposed to the member's name. If I hit my "reply" button on my e-mail, "RONR Forum" appears in the recipient line of the new message. If I send it like that, will it go to the original sender? Or to some administrative black hole?

Your reply goes to the sender (whose e-mail address appears immediately after "RONR Forum"). By sending e-mail via the forum, the sender discloses his address. Your address remains private until and unless you reply.

I suppose if the member has opted not to receive e-mail his address might not be indicated. Though why someone would send e-mail but choose not to receive it is another question.

Your reply goes to the sender (whose e-mail address appears immediately after "RONR Forum").

When I get such emails, all I see is RONR Forum as the sender, although it actually is the sender's email. I guess it might depend on your own email system. I use gmail and Outlook, so I don't see what H. Wm. sees. However, you can simply reply and it will go directly back to sender, not the forum.

Archived