The Official RONR Q & A Forums

election

Guest joyce

our board of all 5 councilmembers are up for election. we have 4 yr and 2 yr candidates.we have 5 for 2 yr terms,and 5 for 4 yr terms.is there a set number you have to vote for?{ like one for 4 yr and 4 for 2 yr] is there a limit to how many of each one that has to be on the council,or could they vote all for 4 yr terms.i don't know for sure if i'm explaining it right.

our board of all 5 councilmembers are up for election. we have 4 yr and 2 yr candidates.we have 5 for 2 yr terms,and 5 for 4 yr terms.is there a set number you have to vote for?{ like one for 4 yr and 4 for 2 yr] is there a limit to how many of each one that has to be on the council,or could they vote all for 4 yr terms.i don't know for sure if i'm explaining it right.

I'm not entirely clear on the parliamentary situation. Why are there "four year and two year candidates?" Do some positions on the board have a four year term and some have a two year term? If that is the case, then they should be treated as separate positions, and members may vote for no more candidates than there are available positions for each term. If you mean something else, please clarify.

yes,there are 2 yr and 4 yr,there are 10 people running,we have a 5 member board,how do you vote if there are 5 for each 2&4 yr terms,how is it determined how many 4 yr are required to be on the board and how many 2 yr.or does it make any difference if their are 5 voted in reguardless of 4 yr or 2 yr

yes,there are 2 yr and 4 yr,there are 10 people running,we have a 5 member board,how do you vote if there are 5 for each 2&4 yr terms,how is it determined how many 4 yr are required to be on the board and how many 2 yr.or does it make any difference if their are 5 voted in reguardless of 4 yr or 2 yr

First, you need to find out, according to your bylaws, how many two year terms are up and how many five year terms. Then do these have separate titles or just one title?

If your Bylaws say that you have two year term positions and four year term positions it should also say how many of each there are.

we have no bylaws and when i asked,they didn't know what they were

Ah, yes, I didn't look closely enough at your name. When we refer to "Bylaws" here we mean the fundamental governing document of the assembly. In your case, the equivalent is likely the City Charter or City Code or whatever they call it.

Archived