The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Fire company bylaws

Guest Bill Brogan

Our fire company by laws state that membership due's are due by the end of April's meeting and can be paid for by someone else if said member is not present. So when a friend went to pay my due's they were told that a motion was put on the floor months ago and passed by the floor that said members MUST be present to pay ! I do not belive this motion is valid. Would'nt the membership have to amend a change in the bylaws ??

Our fire company by laws state that membership due's are due by the end of April's meeting and can be paid for by someone else if said member is not present. So when a friend went to pay my due's they were told that a motion was put on the floor months ago and passed by the floor that said members MUST be present to pay ! I do not belive this motion is valid. Would'nt the membership have to amend a change in the bylaws ??

If indeed the bylaws say that someone else can pay a member's dues then the motion that members must be present to pay is null and void (RONR p. 244[a]).

Archived