The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Replacing Officers/Special Election Needed?

Guest HereInCT

We are a youth baseball organization that will be dealing with the president resigning this evening. In our structure we have 2 vice president positions to handle different age groups. In our bylaws it states which VP takes over so that's not an issue. The question I have is how to fill the vacant VP position. Again, that is not spelled out in our bylaws. Can someone help me with the protocol according to Roberts Rules? Is it a special election or can the VP appoint someone with no vote?

Thank You

We are a youth baseball organization that will be dealing with the president resigning this evening. In our structure we have 2 vice president positions to handle different age groups. In our bylaws it states which VP takes over so that's not an issue. The question I have is how to fill the vacant VP position. Again, that is not spelled out in our bylaws. Can someone help me with the protocol according to Roberts Rules? Is it a special election or can the VP appoint someone with no vote?

Thank You

If the bylaws are silent about filling the vacancy then whichever body elected the VP would fill the vacancy.

Archived