The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Sign in sheet never turned in

hkline

We held our executive board elections last night and it was brought to my attention that the number of votes counted seems higher than how many attended ~ and the secretary asked for the sign in sheet to verify # verses ballots turned in ~ and mysteriously disappeared ~ how does a board clarrify this ~

Please note the current sitting board was voted out / but the incoming board has questioned us how many votes per side ~ and we don't feel the #'s need to be mentioned but esp, since the sign in sheet is missing ~

Thank you

We held our executive board elections last night and it was brought to my attention that the number of votes counted seems higher than how many attended ~ and the secretary asked for the sign in sheet to verify # verses ballots turned in ~ and mysteriously disappeared ~ how does a board clarrify this ~

Please note the current sitting board was voted out / but the incoming board has questioned us how many votes per side ~ and we don't feel the #'s need to be mentioned but esp, since the sign in sheet is missing ~

Thank you

RONR doesn't go into the details you are looking for. While an adopted motion is null and void if nonmembers voted or members voted more than they are supposed to you would need to come up with some sort of convincing evidence that this indeed happened. How you go about doing this is for you all to determine.

how does a board clarrify this

Why do you think it's up to your board?

Presumably this election took place at a meeting of the general membership so it's up to the general membership (at its next meeting) to sort it out.

Was the vote by ballot (as it should be in an election)? How were the ballots controlled: when they were distributed and/or when they were received? Have the ballots been securely preserved?

As Chris H. asked, could the number of illegal votes (if that number can be determined) have affected the outcome of the election?

I would think your sign-in sheet is immaterial at this point (other than serving to raise doubts about the integrity of your electoral process).

Archived