The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Voting Process

Guest SUPASTARR34

If a number of changes are being prsented by the board in regards to rules and regulations of the organization, do each new proposed rule need to be voted on separately or is it ok to vote on all rules as one document? I believe it should be each individualchange be voted upon but what is the correct process?

If a number of changes are being prsented by the board in regards to rules and regulations of the organization, do each new proposed rule need to be voted on separately or is it ok to vote on all rules as one document? I believe it should be each individualchange be voted upon but what is the correct process?

If the amendments are being proposed as isolated changes, they should be discussed and voted on individually (unless the assembly agrees to do otherwise by unanimous consent). If the new document is presented as a revision, then each section will be opened to debate and amendment separately, but one vote will be taken to approve the entire revision.

If the proposed rules deal with unrelated, independent topics, then a separate vote can be demanded on any or all of them by a single member. See RONR (10th ed.), pp. 105, 106, 265.

Archived