The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Officers

Guest Carol

I am a member of a small organization who just lost our President and Vice President. They have both resigned and there are not very many of us to fill the vacancies. Does Roberts Rules assow for the Treasurer to also hold the Vice President position?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I am a member of a small organization who just lost our President and Vice President. They have both resigned and there are not very many of us to fill the vacancies. Does Roberts Rules assow for the Treasurer to also hold the Vice President position?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Nothing in RONR prevents one person from holding two offices as you suggest. Some combinations are not suggested, Pres-VP and Pres-Secretary primarily. How this may affect your quorum is a consideration as well.

Thanks David. I did register as a member but now it says that I can't post when I'm logged in. Did I do something wrong?

So... you log in to the forum as your member user and you don't see the buttons to Add Reply or Start a new Topic? What exactly does "it say" about posting when you log in?

You should be receiving a confirmation email to the email account you used to sign up and you will probably need to click a confirmation link in that email to confirm you are who you are. Has that email arrived yet?

You should be receiving a confirmation email to the email account you used to sign up and you will probably need to click a confirmation link in that email to confirm you are who you are. Has that email arrived yet?

The status of "Carol67" is listed as "Validating" so it would appear we have something of an incomplete election here.

Archived