The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Elections

Guest Elizabeth Peach

Guest Elizabeth Peach

Greetings,

Our annual elections are fast approaching. The Vice President wants to run for the position of President, the former President is not longer going to run.

My Question is this please. "does the present VP have to resign his office to run for the position of president or not". ur ByLaws are silent on this matter,

Your comments would be greatly appreciated,

Elizabeth

Greetings,

Our annual elections are fast approaching. The Vice President wants to run for the position of President, the former President is not longer going to run.

My Question is this please. "does the present VP have to resign his office to run for the position of president or not." Our ByLaws are silent on this matter,

Elizabeth

Robert's Rules has no prohibition on doing this, at all. If your own (higher) rules do not prohibit it, there is no restriction. But it might be seen as impolite (see the bottom of p. 425, which, in an uncharacteristic prudence of caution, I just did).

(I fixed a couple of typos by OP Ms Peach. No offense, Ms Peach.)

Greetings,

My Question is this please. "does the present VP have to resign his office to run for the position of president or not". ur ByLaws are silent on this matter,

Elizabeth

Not.

Archived