The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Election

Guest Heather

We have had some members resign their positions on the board. do we have to wait till the Annual meeting to fill these seats or can we have a special meeting to elect new officers...

First of all, a nomination must be accepted before it is effective.

Check your bylaws. Unless they provide some other way of filling vacancies, you must hold a special election for the unexpired terms.

-Bob

First of all, a nomination must be accepted before it is effective.

Check your bylaws. Unless they provide some other way of filling vacancies, you must hold a special election for the unexpired terms.

-Bob

Curious where nominations came into this? And I was not under the impression a nomination had to be accepted (although it's nice to know if the candidate will serve or not) nor do I know what an "effective" nomination is. Gotta page number for me there?

Curious where nominations came into this? And I was not under the impression a nomination had to be accepted (although it's nice to know if the candidate will serve or not) nor do I know what an "effective" nomination is. Gotta page number for me there?

...But if we were to strike "nomination" and insert "resignation" it would make perfect sense. :P

Archived