The Official RONR Q & A Forums

executive session motion

Guest kimbe

section 19 of RONR differentiates between the raising of a question of privilege and the actual question itself. If I'm understanding what I'm reading correctly, this applies here because a motion to go into executive session is a question of privilege. (cf pp 92-93) But I'm not exactly clear on how the 2 would be differentiated here; can someone explain?

a member rises to a question of privilege and the chair says state the question. member moves to go into executive session. so what is the question of privilege part that is NOT debatable (p 219 #5)?

section 19 of RONR differentiates between the raising of a question of privilege and the actual question itself. If I'm understanding what I'm reading correctly, this applies here because a motion to go into executive session is a question of privilege. (cf pp 92-93) But I'm not exactly clear on how the 2 would be differentiated here; can someone explain?

a member rises to a question of privilege and the chair says state the question. member moves to go into executive session. so what is the question of privilege part that is NOT debatable (p 219 #5)?

Imagine that another question is pending, which means that a main motion, such as a motion to go into executive session, is NOT in order. Therefore, Raising a Question of Privilege allows the member to make the main motion when it would ordinarily be out of order. It is even in order when another has the floor.

Thanks for the answer , that was my issue when amotion to move into executive session is mad --that being if someone says "why" it seems one mat have to explain the reason for the motion when in fact the maker of the motion may wish to have the details remain privelged until moving into executive session --by the wy do other people here have triuble getting the unique security code correct on the first try as much as I do :D

Thanks for the answer , that was my issue when amotion to move into executive session is mad --that being if someone says "why" it seems one mat have to explain the reason for the motion when in fact the maker of the motion may wish to have the details remain privelged until moving into executive session --by the wy do other people here have triuble getting the unique security code correct on the first try as much as I do :D

If you become a member, you won't have to deal with the code again. ;)

Archived