The Official RONR Q & A Forums

RONR/11 and CD in NAP Store

Chris Harrison

When will RONR/11 and it's corresponding CD be available in the NAP Store? Also, will they be available as a bundle? I am trying to figure out whether to put in my order for the book elsewhere and wait for the CD.

The CD can currently be found in the American Institutute of Parliamentarians bookstore. (http://www.aipparl.org/bookstore.html) it is found in the middle of the page. The price is too steep for me ($60).

... as does the convention. I was able to try out the new Request for Information motion... to explain the electronic voting process to the bewildered assembly, ending the lecture with the requisite question, "Is that right?" ;)

I just went to RONR to check it out. It is slightly sad that the "new" motion has been the highlight of the day.

Question - Mac compatibility of CD-ROM?

Has anyone tried the CD-Rom on a Mac? I was ready to buy it until reading the AIP bookstore blurb, which says: "The complete text of RONR on CD-ROM. Completely searchable. With use of "shadow" file, user can highlight and comment throughout the text. Not compatible with MACs. (Pre-orders ship 2nd week of October.)"

If this only means that the "shadow" file highlight and comment features won't work on my MacBook, then I would still buy the CD. There does not seem to be a way to ask on the AIP website, so I'm asking you all - thanks so much!

Question - Mac compatibility of CD-ROM?

Has anyone tried the CD-Rom on a Mac? I was ready to buy it until reading the AIP bookstore blurb, which says: "The complete text of RONR on CD-ROM. Completely searchable. With use of "shadow" file, user can highlight and comment throughout the text. Not compatible with MACs. (Pre-orders ship 2nd week of October.)"

If this only means that the "shadow" file highlight and comment features won't work on my MacBook, then I would still buy the CD. There does not seem to be a way to ask on the AIP website, so I'm asking you all - thanks so much!

The CD-ROM edition of of the 10th edition is not compatible with Macs (unless you use an emulator). I'm not sure whether this will be changed for the 11th edition CD-ROM.

Archived