The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Special meeting called but President won't respond to request

Guest TriciaJ

So We have 5 members of the board that are finally getting it about our Dictator, oops I mean President. They have called for a special meeting to discuss the ByLaws. They have asked for it to be Friday night, he is not responding and rumor has it that since he won't respond he says they can't meet as he is the president and you can not have a meeting with out the president or vice president. This meeting is being called to go back to the Bylaws before his and to ask for another Election for the Board of directors as the one we just had some people think that the election was fixed and the ballot box was stuffed. He has also sent out a email to those members telling them that they are no longer on the Board....

My question is can they still hold the meeting? Even if the President and VP will not acknowledge it?

I know time to get a parlimentarian, huh? :blink::unsure::blink:

rumor has it that since he won't respond he says they can't meet as he is the president and you can not have a meeting with out the president or vice president.

As long as the meeting has been properly called and a quorum is present, the absence of the president and vice-president is immaterial.

My question is can they still hold the meeting? Even if the President and VP will not acknowledge it?

Sure, assuming the special meeting is properly called. Someone just needs to call the meeting to order (the secretary is first choice to do this, but any member can call the meeting to order, if necessary), and then conduct a brief election for a chair pro tem (i.e. someone to chair that meeting). If the secretary isn't there, elect a secretary pro tem also, so someone is responsible for keeping minutes of the meeting.

Archived