The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Guest Joe M. Jones

I am slightly familiar with R.R.of O. but need a much better understanding. I am an associate pastor at my church and becoming very involved with board meetings. What is the primary difference between the revised and the deluxe editions and which do you recommend? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pastor Joe

I am slightly familiar with R.R.of O. but need a much better understanding. I am an associate pastor at my church and becoming very involved with board meetings. What is the primary difference between the revised and the deluxe editions and which do you recommend? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pastor Joe

Hmmm... take a look here:

http://www.robertsrules.com/book.html

You may want to start by reading RONR In Brief (which is described near the bottom of the linked page). RONRIB is written by the same people who wrote RONR, and is authoritative also -- just a quicker and easier read. Although there are hard-cover and soft-cover versions of RONR (the big book), I'm not aware of any 'deluxe' edition with additional/different text... notwithstanding ongoing jokes on this forum that, 'you must have read that in the deluxe edition.' :)

What is the primary difference between the revised and the deluxe editions and which do you recommend?

Well, I hope you mean "Newly Revised" - if there's just "Revised" in the title it's very out-of-date. Specifically, you want Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised, 11th edition. The "deluxe edition" of the 11th just has a fancy cover and gold-tinted pages and is considerably more expensive than the paperback, hardcover, or spiral-bound editions. The content is the same.

I'm not aware of any 'deluxe' edition with additional/different text... notwithstanding ongoing jokes on this forum that, 'you must have read that in the deluxe edition.' :)

Not yet, anyway. I hear that the CD-ROM edition will have some extra goodies when it is released (including many of the extras in the CD-ROM edition for the 10th, as well as some new ones such as additional material on electronic meetings).

Archived