The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Removal of Appointed member

Guest Laree

We are an organization that represents over 32,000 people in a entity. There is another such organization in our state and they have conflicting views with our organization on many occasions. This organization has infiltrated ours with their members and is trying to sneakily sway the delegation over to their opinion on an issue we are definitely at odds about. One such member is an appointed Chair of a standing committee that has been involved in less than transparent behavior on this issue. Since this Chair is appointed I know he can be removed as chair of the committee but am concerned that we should be transparent and open about the removal. How do you suggest that we handle this situation?

We are an organization that represents over 32,000 people in a entity. There is another such organization in our state and they have conflicting views with our organization on many occasions. This organization has infiltrated ours with their members and is trying to sneakily sway the delegation over to their opinion on an issue we are definitely at odds about. One such member is an appointed Chair of a standing committee that has been involved in less than transparent behavior on this issue. Since this Chair is appointed I know he can be removed as chair of the committee but am concerned that we should be transparent and open about the removal. How do you suggest that we handle this situation?

I would also tell you that removal of him as chair does not remove him from membership of the group.

This organization has infiltrated ours with their members and is trying to sneakily sway the delegation over to their opinion on an issue we are definitely at odds about.

Well, since you know about it, and presumably others can find out, it will not be possible for them continue to do it sneakily. Though that may be cold comfort.

How do you suggest that we handle this situation?

Try to sway them back.

Archived