The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Changes to Bylaws

wmyounce755

Hello everyone, My Local had back in 2005 under Article VIII Term of Office Section M. Elections for committeepersons shall be conducted in 2004 and every three (3) years thereafter. It's been amended 3 times since then and it now stats Article VIII Term of Office Section M. Elections for steward members shall conducted in every 3 years from the original date set by the Executive Board. My question is.. Is the original date the 2004 in the old bylaws from 2005 or can the E-Board have changed the date to fit their need. I'm wondering because we just had an elections for all Stewards in Our shop which makes it from the dates in 2005 bylaws 1 year early. Thanks for your time and help.

This is a bylaws interpretation question that we can't deal with here. The question seems to center on the phrase "from the original date set by the Executive Board".

I have no idea what that means, RONR won't help; you, the Local, will have to find out for yourselves.

See p. 588 for the procedure to do the "finding out".

Hello everyone, My Local had back in 2005 under Article VIII Term of Office Section M. Elections for committeepersons shall be conducted in 2004 and every three (3) years thereafter. It's been amended 3 times since then and it now stats Article VIII Term of Office Section M. Elections for steward members shall conducted in every 3 years from the original date set by the Executive Board. My question is.. Is the original date the 2004 in the old bylaws from 2005 or can the E-Board have changed the date to fit their need. I'm wondering because we just had an elections for all Stewards in Our shop which makes it from the dates in 2005 bylaws 1 year early. Thanks for your time and help.

When was the original date set by the Executive Board? If you review the minutes to find that, you should have your answer.

Archived