The Official RONR Q & A Forums

president edited constitution & by-laws report

Guest Lisa

The president of our organization added numerous paragraphs to our committee report and then had it published in our newsletter that wasy. It ended with my name, as the writer. I find this incredibly inappropriate. He states he didn't "change any of my words." Just semantics I think. The board is young, and inexperienced, so clearly they do not understand this is a no no.

Can you offer some input in this matter?

thanks

The president of our organization added numerous paragraphs to our committee report and then had it published in our newsletter that wasy. It ended with my name, as the writer. I find this incredibly inappropriate. He states he didn't "change any of my words." Just semantics I think. The board is young, and inexperienced, so clearly they do not understand this is a no no.

Can you offer some input in this matter?

thanks

I can't really add much, except to say that RONR doesn't give the president the authority to do that.

I would recommend that at a meeting of the body which is authorized to order that the next edition of the newsletter include an accurate portrayal of the facts (be it by noting that not everything in the report was your words and attributing them to you isn't correct or naming the President as a co-author of the report) adopt a motion to do so.

I would recommend that at a meeting of the body which is authorized to order that the next edition of the newsletter include an accurate portrayal of the facts (be it by noting that not everything in the report was your words and attributing them to you isn't correct or naming the President as a co-author of the report) adopt a motion to do so.

Post #1 refers to this as a "committee report". Was Lisa a committee of one?

Archived