The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Approval of Minutes

Watson

If Minutes are not approved/corrected within a quarterly interval, and no other arangements have been made, what happens to them (given that corrections can be made at any future time)?

Is some sort of notation usually made by the secretary before the minutes are "filed?"

They would be approved at the next meeting. And until they are approved, they are just the secretary's draft.

My question arose because of certain standing committees in our organization that meet only 'as needed'. Although 'drafts' of the minutes from these committees are submitted to, and 'received' by, the appointing authority, I have always wondered about, as Paul Harvey used to say, "... the rest of the story."

My question arose because of certain standing committees in our organization that meet only 'as needed'. Although 'drafts' of the minutes from these committees are submitted to, and 'received' by, the appointing authority, I have always wondered about, as Paul Harvey used to say, "... the rest of the story."

Committees don't generally keep formal minutes. What they submit, "as needed", are reports.

Archived