The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Minutes

Guest Lanelle

Due to the tragic death of our secretary's manager in a local plane crash, we may not have minutes of our last meeting for upcoming meeting tomorrow night.

In the absence of them, do we need to make a motion to take them up at the next meeting and move on to the next item. Or do we just acknowledge we don't have them and go on with the meeting. I couldn't find anything in RORN.

You should recreate the minutes as best you can, using memory and any other tools available (e.g. notes).

In time for tomorrow night's meeting?

I suspect the assembly should just acknowledge the secretary's unexpected absence and move on to the next item. Or thank the secretary for submitting the draft minutes (perhaps via another member) in such trying circumstances.

Sorry. Didn't realize my use of "best you can" implied it had to be completed immediately.

I don't think the minutes are missing. I think it's just that the secretary won't be at the meeting with them tomorrow night. They don't need to be (re)created, just delivered, most likely by the secretary at the next meeting.

Archived