The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Spending Monies

Guest Nina

If the exec board approves additional costs for expenses that would fall below the originally approved budget amount does this need to be approved by the general members?

It depends on the authority given your executive board but I'd be surprised if anyone complained about them spending less than was budgeted.

And how can additional costs be less than was approved. If the approved amount was $25.00, how can spending less than that be considered "additional"? In other words, what am I missing here?

It depends on the authority given your executive board but I'd be surprised if anyone complained about them spending less than was budgeted.

And how can additional costs be less than was approved. If the approved amount was $25.00, how can spending less than that be considered "additional"? In other words, what am I missing here?

Perhaps $25 was budgeted for salad and chips. Those items only cost $15. And additional purchases of a baked potato and green beans cost $8, bringing the total to $23. This would be less than was budgeted. ;)

However, we still don't know what authority the executive board has in this matter.

Archived