The Official RONR Q & A Forums

executive meetings

Guest Robert

If I, as an executive have not been notified of executive meetings . . .

What do you mean by saying you're an "executive"? And what do you mean by "executive meetings"?

Are you referring to meetings of an executive committee? An executive board? If you're referring to an executive committee then you're simply a member of that committee, not an "executive". Similarly, if you're a member of the board, you're just a board member, not an "executive".

So, as Mr. Stackpole asks, are you a member of whichever body is meeting?

If I, as an executive have not been notified of executive meetings can decisions related to club welfare be made, and can a non executive included in meetings have voting privileges.

If you're a member of the body that is meeting and you have not been notified of a meeting, the meeting and any business conducted at the meeting are null and void.

Someone who is not a member of the body that is meeting cannot be granted voting privileges.

Yes I am the vice president, and member of this organization

You need to provide more detailed information regard your use of the term, executive meeting. Off hand, it could describe your board of directors entered into a closed or secret session, or it could mean a meeting of an executive committee, which is best described as a board within a board. To do the latter example, it would need to be prescribed in the bylaws.

I am the vice -president and member of our cycling club. I have not been informed of the last two executive committee meetings. This is made up of: president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer. Business is being conducted without the club membership being fully advised as to what is going on, and I would be the one that would bring the memberships objections to the table. Therefore this is why I believe I am not being notified. We have just received our non-profit status and are currently working on a new set of by-laws.

I am the vice -president and member of our cycling club. I have not been informed of the last two executive committee meetings. This is made up of: president, vice-president, secretary and treasurer.

If you're a member of the body that is meeting and you have not been notified of a meeting, the meeting and any business conducted at the meeting are null and void.

Archived