The Official RONR Q & A Forums

meeting electronically

Guest motti

Hello,

Our organization wants to put a provision in the bylaws permitting the Board to meet electronically, where members who cannot make the meeting physically can conference call in or video chat. 

Rather than writing the clause ourselves, which in the past has led to a lack of clarity, do there exist any resources that have examples of well formatted clauses, that we can make a few edits to to go along with our organization's specific needs?

Hello,

Our organization wants to put a provision in the bylaws permitting the Board to meet electronically, where members who cannot make the meeting physically can conference call in or video chat. 

Rather than writing the clause ourselves, which in the past has led to a lack of clarity, do there exist any resources that have examples of well formatted clauses, that we can make a few edits to to go along with our organization's specific needs?

There is also an article on this subject in the CD-ROM edition of RONR.

I do have an article on holding e-meetings but unfortunately it is in PDF form . . . 

Our own Mr. Stackpole's 2003 article on e-meetings can be found here (along with other articles on the same subject. I believe he's updated that article (2009) and will generously send it to members of this forum. But don't take my word for it . . . he's sure to show up here sooner or later.

Archived