The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Convention

Guest Georgia

"Annual Conventions shall be held by the State Division.  The place, date and time shall be determined by the Annual Convention by vote of the Delegates: or, if authorized, by the Delegates at the Annual Convention or any special meeting by the Board of Directors of the State Division.  If no action is taken on this matter any annual convention or Special Meeting, then the Board of Directors shall fix the place, date and time for the next Annual Convention of the State Division."  A teleconference call of the Board of Directors was held on April 25.  At that meeting, a motion was made "that since there was not an annual meeting with a quorum at Washington, that an annual meeting be set up in central Pa. on June 6 for the express purpose of electing new officers and to designate where the 2016 annual meeting should be held (By-laws).  All the chapters need to be informed of this meeting and of the number of delegates they are entitled to, so that delegates can be elected and sent."  This motion passed.  

By-laws "Thirty days prior to the Annual Convention he [the Secretary] shall send to the President and, Secretary and/or State Director of each Chapter a notice of the number of accredited Delegates to which such Chapter is entitled..."  Thirty days is here and the Secretary has not sent out the notice of the meeting nor the delegate count.

What can our members do?

From what you write, it doesn't appear that the president is necessarily at fault but it may be a slightly lazy (or very busy) secretary that isn't sticking to the schedule.

I'd give it a couple of weeks and then start making phone calls to the Directors you are acquainted with to see what might be amiss and press them to fix things.    The delay may require you to delay the annual meeting date, unfortunately.

From what you write, it doesn't appear that the president is necessarily at fault but it may be a slightly lazy (or very busy) secretary that isn't sticking to the schedule.

I'd give it a couple of weeks and then start making phone calls to the Directors you are acquainted with to see what might be amiss and press them to fix things.    The delay may require you to delay the annual meeting date, unfortunately.

I disagree. I'd get started on the phone calls immediately, in order to minimize the necessary delay. I see no reason to delay the meeting for weeks if it can be avoided.

Archived