The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Executive Director Position

DonnaDennisHill

13 minutes ago, DonnaDennisHill said:

I started a Non profit.  It is very important to me.  We hold state and federal exemptions.  I was to adjust the bylaws so that I cannot be voted out.  Is this appropriate?

Have you already created this organization? Have bylaws already been adopted ?  Knowing where things stand now will enable us to better help you.

Richard Brown,

Yes, I started  MomsHouse in 2013 in response to my Mothers death in 2009.  I did everything myself, including the bylaws. There are no  provisions , other than a reoccurring term limit ,at this point.  MomsHouse is growing and my initial "Friend Board" is no longer sufficient.  There is currently no reason for anyone to remove or nor has it been raised by any of the sitting board members.  I just want to make sure that in my desire to be legally and morally correct, I don't put myself in an uncomfortable position. 

10 minutes ago, DonnaDennisHill said:

Yes, I started  MomsHouse in 2013 in response to my Mothers death in 2009.  I did everything myself, including the bylaws. There are no  provisions , other than a reoccurring term limit ,at this point.  MomsHouse is growing and my initial "Friend Board" is no longer sufficient.  There is currently no reason for anyone to remove or nor has it been raised by any of the sitting board members.  I just want to make sure that in my desire to be legally and morally correct, I don't put myself in an uncomfortable position. 

We cannot provide legal advice here, and whether it is morally correct will be up to the society to decide. As a parliamentary matter, however, the organization is free to adopt whatever provisions in its bylaws that it wishes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.