The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Did not vote on the full cc meeting .

Guest Juan gonzales

Our cc council meetings looks like a public auction because the President do everything to fast . Anyway because he did that I decide no to vote in a few motions and no one find out. Doing that my vote count as at abstained? Because in our next cc meeting we have to appove the last minutes and probably that minute is going to said 9 -0 in favor off x or y motion when I didn' said anything.

If you didn't say anything, then you abstained.    In order to vote No, on a voice vote, you would say No.

Abstentions are not counted or reported in the minutes.  For that matter, no vote count should be in the minutes unless there really was a counted vote.  Voice votes aren't counted votes.  

When it is time to approve the minutes, you can offer a correction that the vote count should not be reported, or that it was incorrect.

I have no idea what's going on here.  First, what is a cc?  Second, you say you decided to vote no, but you then say no one found out.  How did that happen?  By what means were the votes taken - voice vote, roll call, hands, etc.?  You then say something about abstaining.  Voting no and abstaining are (usually) different things: abstaining means not voting. Either you voted no, or you abstained, and if you voted no, then no, it does not count as abstaining.  Next, you ask about the minutes.  Unless you had a counted vote or a vote by roll call, the minutes should not say what the count was, just if the motion carried or not.  If they do include the count (presumably for one of those reasons), and you voted no, then they should not record 0 no votes, and you can move to correct them by making an amendment - either it will be accepted by unanimous consent, or it will take a majority vote to amend the minutes while pending for adoption.  Finally, though, you say you didn't say anything, so I'm not sure if you voted no, or what.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.