The Official RONR Q & A Forums

HOA annual meeting minutes

Guest julie

i am a homeowner at a set of condos with an HOA.  we have annual meetings.  the minutes of our meeting are always given out at the following meeting - a full year after.  we've just had our annual meeting and because there were some hot topics in the meeting, those that were in attendance want the homeowners that couldn't attend to have access to  them.

i've read some of the threads here about this, but want a specific question answered.  can the minutes be published for review of all the homeowners before they are approved? 

no one on the board has said no, but they've really said nothing at all.  an individual homeowner said that the board has to approve the minutes, but i don't think that's true because we approve in the annual meeting.

thanks so much.

3 hours ago, Guest julie said:

i am a homeowner at a set of condos with an HOA.  we have annual meetings.  the minutes of our meeting are always given out at the following meeting - a full year after.  we've just had our annual meeting and because there were some hot topics in the meeting, those that were in attendance want the homeowners that couldn't attend to have access to  them.

i've read some of the threads here about this, but want a specific question answered.  can the minutes be published for review of all the homeowners before they are approved? 

no one on the board has said no, but they've really said nothing at all.  an individual homeowner said that the board has to approve the minutes, but i don't think that's true because we approve in the annual meeting.

If the membership of the association only meets annually, they should indeed authorize the board or a committee appointed for that purpose to approve the minutes, because it is difficult to remember what happened a year ago.

In any event, it is permissible to make the minutes available to all homeowners prior to approval, but if this is done, they should be clearly marked as a draft.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.