The Official RONR Q & A Forums

No one submitted application for an officer position and noone was nominated from the floor, if the officer position is not required,do we have allow the organization to vote the next year to fill the position. The term of officers are 2 years.

Guest Lynn thomas

Our sorority bylaws state that we vote for officers in November . The term of office is 2 years. One of the officer positions was not filled in Nov 2018 because noone was nominated from the floor nor did they submit an application.  It is not a required position..since voting was completed in Nov 2018, do we allow voting this year for that one position? The bylaws say we vote every 2 years. If the position was not filled, would we wait to try to fill it in nov.2020?

4 hours ago, Guest Lynn thomas said:

Our sorority bylaws state that we vote for officers in November . The term of office is 2 years. One of the officer positions was not filled in Nov 2018 because noone was nominated from the floor nor did they submit an application.  It is not a required position..since voting was completed in Nov 2018, do we allow voting this year for that one position? The bylaws say we vote every 2 years. If the position was not filled, would we wait to try to fill it in nov.2020?

Generally, I would say that the incomplete election for this position should be completed as soon as possible, but I am curious as to the basis for the statement that “It is not a required position.”

On 5/17/2019 at 11:12 AM, Guest Lynn thomas said:

I'm inclined to say that the election should be completed as soon as possible.

I'm also confused by the statement that this office is not required.  Was any decision reached before the election regarding whether to hold the election for this office?  Deciding "Oh, never mind." in the middle of an incomplete election seems rather haphazard.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.