The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Proposed Bylaws Amendments Voting Procedure - bundling

JDee

I was wondering if someone can shed some light into this procedure for me... my chapter recently had three proposed bylaws amendments affecting three different segments of our bylaws centered on adding a new officer....the parliamentarian presented them as a package to be voted on together instead of individually.....was this the proper way to vote on them?

16 minutes ago, JDee said:

I was wondering if someone can shed some light into this procedure for me... my chapter recently had three proposed bylaws amendments affecting three different segments of our bylaws centered on adding a new officer....the parliamentarian presented them as a package to be voted on together instead of individually.....was this the proper way to vote on them?

There's nothing wrong with voting on amendments affecting three parts of the bylaws in one motion. In fact, if the amendments are related in such a way that it would not make sense to adopt one and reject the others, then they must be voted on together.

(Normally, however, the parliamentarian should not be the one presenting a motion.)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.