The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Removal of officer question

Guest Simon

10 minutes ago, Chris Harrison said:

That depends on whether the Bylaws require the President (and members) be given previous notice of the intent to remove him or if they are allowed to just spring it on him.

Bylaws do not mention notice.

“Any officer elected or appointed by the board of directors may be removed by a majority of the board of directors, whenever in their judgment the best interest of the association would be served thereby, but such removal shall be without prejudice to the contract rights, if any, of the officer so removed.”

There is no mention under the description of the office of president in the bylaws of any “contract rights”

Can anyone elaborate on what “contract rights” are, in this context?

5 hours ago, Guest Simon said:

Bylaws do not mention notice.

“Any officer elected or appointed by the board of directors may be removed by a majority of the board of directors, whenever in their judgment the best interest of the association would be served thereby, but such removal shall be without prejudice to the contract rights, if any, of the officer so removed.”

Setting aside the part about the contract rights, it seems to me that no other part of this rule requires notice or for the removal to be included on the agenda.

5 hours ago, Guest Simon said:

There is no mention under the description of the office of president in the bylaws of any “contract rights”

Can anyone elaborate on what “contract rights” are, in this context?

I haven’t the slightest idea. I would suggest consulting an attorney, as this is legal language.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.