The Official RONR Q & A Forums

How to handle, in the meeting minutes, motions made and seconded, but not voted upon?

Guest Dee Miller

Help! I have an incident at a past meeting that I need assistance with. A motion was made, with a second, but the President did not call for a vote. The meeting went on with the assumption that the Approval of the Agenda and Minutes were passed. But without the Board's vote. How should this be handled? Can this even bee "assumed" as the motion passing? And how to cover in the Minutes? 

Thank you in advance!

D. Miller

1 hour ago, Guest Dee Miller said:

Help! I have an incident at a past meeting that I need assistance with. A motion was made, with a second, but the President did not call for a vote. The meeting went on with the assumption that the Approval of the Agenda and Minutes were passed. But without the Board's vote. How should this be handled? Can this even bee "assumed" as the motion passing? And how to cover in the Minutes? 

Thank you in advance!

D. Miller

Your job is easy. Put in the minutes exactly what occurred.

7 hours ago, Guest Dee Miller said:

Thank you in advance!

D. Miller

In the case of Approval of Minutes, taking a vote on approval is improper (but used when there are disputed corrections).  Minutes are simply declared approved when there are no (further) corrections.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.