The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Are members allowed to ask Q if presenter states "I've no report"?

RogerT

Consider agenda item = "Report from Dept Chair".   If the Debt Chair states "I have no report", are members allowed to ask Q of the Dept Chair i.e. "why no report?" or " can you please update the committee on topic of XYZ?"     What is correct motion to assure chair recognizes any member who desires to question the Dept Chair?    Thank you.

[Zev] Mr. Chairman!

[Chairman] Mr. Zev is recognized.

[Zev] Point of information, Mr. chairman. Can the department chairman please explain why no report is being offered at this time? And can the department chairman please update this assembly on the committee's efforts concerning topic XYZ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 10:05 PM, RogerT said:

Consider agenda item = "Report from Dept Chair".   If the Debt Chair states "I have no report", are members allowed to ask Q of the Dept Chair i.e. "why no report?" or " can you please update the committee on topic of XYZ?"     What is correct motion to assure chair recognizes any member who desires to question the Dept Chair?    Thank you.

Questions can be asked using the form of a Request for Information, but the person cannot be commanded to answer. [§33:6]

Edited by Gary Novosielski

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.