The Official RONR Q & A Forums

How to make a motion to express no confidence in the CEO/President of a non profit

Guest Grace

I would like some help crafting the wording to make a main motion during our annual meeting.  "I move to express no confidence in the CEO of xxxxx organization", seems cut and dry but wonder if you all have a better grasp on this.

I understand votes of no confidence are not addressed in RONR.  I know that I am not able to ask for a vote of no confidence- that I can only make a motion toexpress no confidence. I would ideally like to tie in resignation to the motion, but cannot afford to have my motion dismissed on a technicallity. So truly I am asking for a little guidance.  I have to force this issue so that the CEO either resigns or the Board is forced out of complacency.

On 5/3/2022 at 2:58 PM, Guest Grace said:

I understand votes of no confidence are not addressed in RONR.  I know that I am not able to ask for a vote of no confidence- that I can only make a motion toexpress no confidence. I would ideally like to tie in resignation to the motion, but cannot afford to have my motion dismissed on a technicallity. So truly I am asking for a little guidance.  I have to force this issue so that the CEO either resigns or the Board is forced out of complacency.

The motion "I move to express no confidence in the CEO of xxxxx organization" is in order and this wording is acceptable.

Edited by Josh Martin

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.