The Official RONR Q & A Forums

New Parliamentarian

Beverly Newman

On 9/21/2022 at 8:53 AM, Beverly Newman said:

I have just joined the advisory board of my church.  I was appointed parliamentarian.  Can you recommend an online course (an affordable one) to get me started.  

I am not aware of any such courses personally, but the National Association of Parliamentarians may have information on such courses.

I would advise getting started by purchasing and reading a copy of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised In Brief, 3rd edition, which is quite affordable, and is currently available on Amazon for $7.99 (paperback) or $8.99 (Kindle).

Edited by Josh Martin

On 9/21/2022 at 8:53 AM, Beverly Newman said:

I have just joined the advisory board of my church.  I was appointed parliamentarian.  Can you recommend an online course (an affordable one) to get me started.  

Later tonight I will post some additional information and recommendations.  In the meantime, you might check out the website and offerings of the National Association of Parliamentarians (NAP) at parliamentarians.org as Mr. Martin suggested.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:27 AM, Josh Martin said:

I am not aware of any such courses personally, but the National Association of Parliamentarians may have information on such courses.

I would advise getting started by purchasing and reading a copy of Robert's Rules of Order Newly Revised In Brief, 3rd edition, which is quite affordable, and is currently available on Amazon for $7.99 (paperback) or $8.99 (Kindle).

Is it a sign of the times that Kindle versions are now more expensive than print editions?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.