The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Removal of president

Guest Jenelle

Our board (small nonprofit) voted last night to go to the chapter for a 2/3 vote to remove the President. It must be announced at the next chapter meeting and voted at the chapter meeting after that. Does he continue to function as President in that interim? There will be a monthly board meeting in the interim as well. Thank you!

On 2/10/2023 at 7:59 AM, Guest Jenelle said:

Our board (small nonprofit) voted last night to go to the chapter for a 2/3 vote to remove the President. It must be announced at the next chapter meeting and voted at the chapter meeting after that. Does he continue to function as President in that interim? There will be a monthly board meeting in the interim as well.

I have no idea. The answer to this question appears to rely on the customized rules in your organization's bylaws on this matter, and I don't know what those rules say.

I agree with Mr. Martin.  Since you have customized rules on the removal of an officer, It is quite possible that the removal from office procedures in RONR will not be applicable.  The answer to your question likely depends on your own rules and how they are interpred.... something only the members of your organization can do.

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.