The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Reconsider and Enter Into the Minutes

Drake Savory

I just want to check to make sure I have this process down right.  As soon as a motion to Reconsider and Enter Into the Minutes is moved and seconded all consideration on RaEItM stops until the next day.  In other words, RaEItM is not debated or voted on but rather immediate moves a motion to Reconsider (or postpones the existing Reconsider on the floor if there is one) to be brought up the next day.  Is that correct?

On 7/16/2023 at 12:06 AM, Drake Savory said:

I just want to check to make sure I have this process down right.  As soon as a motion to Reconsider and Enter Into the Minutes is moved and seconded all consideration on RaEItM stops until the next day.  In other words, RaEItM is not debated or voted on but rather immediate moves a motion to Reconsider (or postpones the existing Reconsider on the floor if there is one) to be brought up the next day.  Is that correct?

It seems to me that you have got this right except that, if it is made while a motion to Reconsider is pending, it is technically incorrect to say that the effect of making it "postpones the existing Reconsider on the floor" since it does not make the pending motion to Reconsider a general order for the next meeting, and it will not automatically come up again at that meeting as it would if it were postponed by the adoption of a motion to do so.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.