The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Neutrality in Robert's Rules of Order

Guest Diligent delegate

Guest Diligent delegate

We are having issues with neutrality in our elections, and I would like to know if this comment is correct? I thought Robert's Rules of Order only pertained to meeting dequorum. 

The purpose of neutrality according to Roberts Rules of Order which I am bound by in this case.

Edited by Shmuel Gerber
Removed tags

On 7/17/2023 at 5:30 PM, Guest Diligent delegate said:

We are having issues with neutrality in our elections, and I would like to know if this comment is correct? I thought Robert's Rules of Order only pertained to meeting dequorum. 

The purpose of neutrality according to Roberts Rules of Order which I am bound by in this case.

I don't think I have enough context to begin to answer this question or opine on whether this comment is correct. Please provide additional facts about what exactly you're asking about.

I will say that RONR certainly has rules about more things than just decorum. Among other things, it does have rules concerning the presiding officer maintaining the appearance of impartiality while presiding, which is the main thing I can think of which would relate to "neutrality". But I don't think I can say much more than that with the limited facts presented regarding the situation.

Edited by Josh Martin

You may want to provide more details about the circumstances that lead to this comment and your question. There's not enough here -- at least for me -- to provide an answer.

For example, what is your role? Is your question about what the purpose is or whether you're bound by the principle?

On 7/17/2023 at 7:40 PM, Atul Kapur said:

You may want to provide more details about the circumstances that lead to this comment and your question. There's not enough here -- at least for me -- to provide an answer.

For example, what is your role? Is your question about what the purpose is or whether you're bound by the principle?

From the tags, we learn that this question is related to, inter alia, buildings and fish.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.