The Official RONR Q & A Forums

Motion to Amend the bylaws by group

Mark Apodaca, PRP

I am at a conference and during the coming business meeting tomorrow, there will be 10 proposals to amend the bylaws.  They are at different places within the current bylaws.  One member is planning to make a motion to accept all 10 amendments once as a group.  

I understand that this is done when conference standing rules are presented to the membership for their approval.

Is this allowed for the bylaws?  Should it be processed in the same manner as conference standing rules?

On 7/27/2023 at 7:31 PM, Mark Apodaca, PRP said:

I am at a conference and during the coming business meeting tomorrow, there will be 10 proposals to amend the bylaws.  They are at different places within the current bylaws.  One member is planning to make a motion to accept all 10 amendments once as a group.  

I understand that this is done when conference standing rules are presented to the membership for their approval.

Is this allowed for the bylaws?  Should it be processed in the same manner as conference standing rules?

Assuming that RONR is the parliamentary authority, 27:10 would apply.  The question could be divided upon the demand of one member, if they are independent f each other

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.